Skype Web SDK Updated
The Skype Web SDK has been updated with some new functionality. On July 18th, Microsoft released a new version. Key new functionality includes:
- a ‘Conversation UI’ control – a “ready to go” control which allows you to embed a Skype for Business conversation control into your website.
- Meeting Scheduling using Skype Web SDK.
There are also a number of fixes, mostly around audio and video issues.
If you’re using the loader to load in the Skype Web SDK (as described here) then you should just pick up the new version automatically, as long as you are using the correct Product API key for what you are trying to do.
I don’t think there have been any major changes to server or browser supportability, but for reference here are the list of what’s supported:
- IE 10+ (Skype for Business Onprem)
- IE 11 (Skype for Business Online)
- Safari 8+
- Microsoft Edge
- Firefox 40+ (non Audio Video functionality)
- Chrome 43+ (non Audio Video functionality)
Supported Server versions
- Lync 2013 cumulative update 6HF2 +, Skype for Business 2015 CU1+:
- Sign in
- Sign out
- View Contacts
- Chat services
- Skype for Business 2015 Cumulative Update 1+
- P2P AV
- Group AV
- Devices selection
- Anonymous meeting join
- Add/remove contacts and groups
- Skype Conversation UI with P2P chat, audio and video
More information about the updated release is available on MSDN.
Also, I will be added new tutorials for this new functionality to the Learn Skype Web SDK collection in the next few weeks. It’s been a bit busy in the last few weeks, but hoping to find the time soon! 🙂