Azure Communication Services adds Recording, Direct Routing & more
At Build 2021, Microsoft announced new functionality for Azure Communication Services, their CPaaS offering which includes features available now and coming next month in preview.
- Call Recording – available next month in preview. Output will be MP4 and triggered by server-side code. MP3 support planned.
- Direct Routing – available next month in preview. No information yet on geography – will update when I know more.
- UI Library for Developers – Fluent UI components to make it simple for developers to quickly build applications by adding both base and composite components (such as a participant list, or a chat container). The components are fully open source and identity agnostic, meaning they can also be used with test data for UI design work.
- TURN support is available now in preview. With support for the TURN protocol, Azure Communication Services solutions can now interop with other open-source WebRTC solutions, plus be used behind firewalls.
- There’s a new Client SDK for Azure Communication Services for calling. It’s for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) – which seems like an odd choice – but enables ACS to work on Xbox, mixed-reality headsets, HoloLens and Surfaces.
Read more about the announcement.
This is a new announcement, and it’s likely that more information will be available over the coming days, so be sure to keep up to date with my Build 2021 coverage. I’m writing blog posts, recording videos, and posting on Twitter.