Azure Communication Services add email capabilities to VoIP and SMS
Announced at Microsoft Build 2022, Microsoft is bringing email sending capabilities as a service for developers, under the overall banner of Azure Communication Services (ACS).
ACS already gives developers a platform for making and receiving Voice over IP calls and meetings, and the ability to send and receive SMS messages. This new announcement adds email sending to this list.
It appears that Microsoft is positioning ACS as a compete to service providers such as Twilio, who also provide services for SMS, email and VoIP, and AWS which has a mass-emailing system called Simple Email Service.
To find out more, read the full announcement on Microsoft Docs, or explore the Quick Starts:
- Quick Start: Create an email communication resource
- Quick Start: Connect an email communication resource
- Quick Start: Add Azure Managed Domain
- Quick Start: Add Custom Verified Domain
- Quick Start: Send an email